When buying this product you confirm that it is has been prescribed by your veterinary surgeon and that you will have your dog revaluated every six months. Ezeepets cannot be held responsible for your purchase.
Hills Prescription Diet Canine s/d has been formulated to meet the nutritional needs of dogs suffering with urinary disease, a common complaint, known to cause particular discomfort and often bloody urination. In many cases, urinary disease can lead to the onset of further illness, requiring veterinary advice and treatment.
- Reduced magnesium, phosphorus and protein to reduce the urinary concentration of the building blocks of struvite crystals and bladder stones.
- Increased sodium to encourage drinking to increase urine volume to help dilute the concentration of struvite building blocks.
- Encourages formation of an acidic urinary pH to increase the solubility of struvite.
Hills Prescription Diet s/d has been developed to help manage symptoms of urinary disease but is not to recommended for dogs without seeking appropriate medical advice beforehand.
Not Recommended For:
- Dogs for the first two weeks after surgery, for dogs concurrently receiving urinary acidifiers, or for feeding for longer than 6 months without monitoring plasma protein and acid-base status (because of low protein content and urine acidifying properties).
- Dogs with non-struvite uroliths, kidney disease, liver disease, heart failure or hypertension.
Hill's Prescription Diet s/d Urinary Care Original Canned Dog Food 12 x 370g
Maize starch, animal fat, dried whole egg, pork liver, sucrose, cellulose, iodised salt, vegetable oil, potassium chloride, calcium carbonate, DL-methionine, taurine, vitamins and trace elements.
Dry Matter: Protein 7.9%, Fat 26.10%, Carbohydrate (NFE) 58.50%, Fibre (crude) 2.2%, Moisture -, Calcium 0.27%, Phosphorus 0.07%, Sodium 1.28%, Potassium 0.44%, Magnesium 0.02%, Chloride 2.37%, Sulphur 0.30%, Omega-3 fatty acids 0.36%, Omega-6 fatty acids 5.17%, Vitamin A 13504 IU/kg, Vitamin D 1504 IU/kg, Vitamin E 598 mg/kg, Beta-carotene 1.50 mg/kg.